Out & About
Stand up Paddle Boarding
Point to Point Races at The Flete Estate.
The National Marine Aquarium, The Barbican, Plymouth
Walking on Dartmoor
Galloping Horses along the Erme Estuary
Schoolhouse at Mothecombe
- Surfing: Bantham Surf School
- Surfing: Discovery Surf School
- Sailing: Newton Ferrers,/ Mount Batten Sailing School
- Canoeing: Nick Oatway 01548 810249 / 07717 677222 [More Info]
- Watersports: Reactive Water Sports / Mount Batten Water sports
- Fishing: Nick Oatway 01548 810249 / 07717 677222 [More Info]
For cottages nearest to the beach we recommend the Coastguards Cottages
Wet day ideas
- Woodlands Adventure Park
- Plymouth Aquarium
- Plymouth Gin Distillery
- Pennywell Farm
- Ashburton or Totnes shops
- Buckfastleigh steam railway & butterfly farm
- Coast path:
Various starting places between Mothecombe and the Ship at Noss Mayo
Mothecombe to Bigbury/Burgh Island
- Estate Walks:
The drives, to Holbeton or Flete and back,
- Visit Dartmoor:
Shipley Bridge/Avon Dam
Maps are available at the Estate Office.
Eating out. We recommend..
- Schoolhouse Mothecombe – Ideal location on the Estate after a day on the beach.
- Plantation House Restaurant,– Ermington, serving delicious food in a beautiful boutique restaurant.
- The Ship at Noss Mayo, Overlooking the River Yealm, great for families
- The Oyster Shack at Bigbury, Good for seafood!
- The Rose and Crown at Yealmpton – Good traditional local pub!
- The Ship at Ugborough, Good traditional food
- The Journey’s End – Located in the picturesque village of Ringmore, it’s great for Sunday Roasts – Book ahead!
- The Beach House at South Milton – A Family Favourite