It is easier, quicker and better to book by telephone first. The number to call is 01752 830 234 and we are happy to answer any questions you may have on the cottages and a booking. We operate an answerphone service if the office is closed. Your telephone booking will remain firm and we will send you a booking form which is to be completed and returned with the initial deposit within seven days.
Booking early is best for securing your first choice, but if you are booking within 4 weeks of your holiday, last minute vacancies can occur, and we can offer some of these holidays at attractive discounts! Please remember that we will need full payment of your holiday if you are booking within four weeks of your start day.
Cancellation Protection Payment:
There can be few circumstances more upsetting than being forced to cancel or cut short a carefully planned and eagerly awaited holiday. It is even more upsetting when you are still responsible for the full holiday charge. The cancellation Insurance Protection Scheme provides a wide range of cover. Please ask for details.
Arrival and Departure:
Arrival and departure days are usually Fridays, but short breaks or out of season bookings can start any day of the week to suit you.
Your cottage will be ready for you to take over at any time after 3pm except Pamflete House which is ready from 4pm. You will receive full travelling instructions after you have paid your balance of hire charge. Please do not arrive early as time is needed to thoroughly clean and check the cottages between lets.
For the same reason, please note that you should leave your cottage by 10.00 a.m. on departure day. All our cottages are thoroughly cleaned between holidays. However, because only a limited period is available in which to clean cottages, we ask that you leave the cottage and its contents clean and tidy.
All damages and breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer, and their cost shall be refundable on demand. However, minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged.
Heating is by electric storage heaters or oil central heating and is included in the rent. All cottages have open fires and logs are provided.
Two well behaved dogs are welcome at all of our cottages bar Pamflete House and Mothecombe Garden Cottage. We make a charge of £20 per pet per week. We ask that dogs are kept on a lead when on the Estate and that owners are vigilant in cleaning up after them. Dogs are allowed on Coastguards Beach at all times of the year and on Mothecombe between September and May. Please could owners make sure that dogs are kept up to date with flea and tick treatments before their stay for the comfort of guests staying after and we ask that dogs do not go upstairs or on the furniture in any of the cottages.
Bed linen with duvets, towels and tea towels are included in the price. Please remember to bring extra beach towels for outside use. A travel cot is available in each cottage, but please bring your child's own sheets, duvet or blankets.
Smoking is not permitted in any of the holiday cottages.
Visitors with Mobility Difficulties:
Generally speaking the access to the cottages would be unsuitable for people with wheelchairs. However, we do have a cottage on the Estate, Mothecombe Garden cottage, which has been adapted for guests with limited mobility. It has handy features like half-steps and grab-rails & a ‘Stannah’ stair-lift to the first floor.
In no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in the brochure, occupy the property. The owners reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all responsible care of it. All equipment, utensils etc. must be clean and the property must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
The use of the amenities, where offered, such as rowing boats etc. is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the user's or visitor's belongings. However, we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for negligence.
If the hirer is not entirely satisfied with the accommodation offered, he should contact The Flete Estate Holiday Cottages immediately and we will attempt to resolve the problem.
1. A deposit of one half the rent is payable on confirmation of bookings. The balance of the total rent is due on the first of the month before the commencement of tenancy. If the balance of the total rent remains unpaid, the Flete Estate reserves the right to relet the property and the deposit payment will be forfeited.
2. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to the acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent for the full period of the letting.
3. Under no circumstances shall the maximum accommodation indicated for a cottage or house be exceeded.
4. Tenants are liable to pay for any breakages or damage at replacement value.
5. Before tenant's arrival, the house will have been thoroughly cleaned, Tenants are requested to leave the house as far as possible in the condition that they would like to find it, i.e. all crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, cooker, refrigerator, baths and sinks in a clean condition and furniture in its proper place. The Owners reserve the right to make a charge for any tenant who leaves the house or equipment excessively dirty.
6. The tenant undertakes to pay all charges for all telephone calls made during the letting. The internet is provided free of charge.
7. Pets are permitted at an extra cost of £20 per pet per week and by prior arrangement only - we cannot however allow dogs at Pamflete House and Mothecombe Garden Cottage. A maximum of two dogs is allowed per cottage. Dogs are not allowed on the private beach at Mothecombe between May and October.
8. Tenants are requested to respect the wildlife, farm animals and the Country Code of Conduct.
9. The Flete Estate shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenses, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which the applicant or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of or in respect of any letting.
10. The Flete Estate gives all information and makes all statements in good faith, and uses its best endeavours to check, so far as it is reasonably able, all information given to the applicant. The Flete Estate shall not, however, in any event, be liable for any damage or loss resulting from information given or statements made whether made orally or in writing.
11. The property owner or his representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
12. If you have a complaint during your stay, please contact The Flete Estate Office immediately. No complaints can be considered after your departure from the property.
In Shelley Castle’s July Journal she tells us about her new show in Torquay and celebrations on the beach in this heavenly July sun…CLICK HERE to read more.
The Flete Estate Office,
Haye Farm, Holbeton,
Telephone: 01752 830234